Wednesday, July 4, 2012

I am a GSP staffer!

  Being a GSP Staff for two consecutive years is such a great experience to keep in my heart. I am really grateful to Maam Maye for making me one of her staff. She became my mentor and my friend too.
           This year’s School-based Girl Scout Camping was a really great experience for me. Before the camp, tons of preparations were really needed to make. We almost have meetings every day. Since I was the secretary, Maam taught me how to make minutes of the meeting; that even sharpened my skills in making reports and summaries of things we talked about.
        In addition, we were really out of time for the preparations. Since lots of new activities for camping were planned like the Talentadong Girl Scout and Clean-up Drive. Those two activities is such a stressful thing to organize since lots of people are involve like the judges, participants, barangay officials and even the people for the sound system. We do works during recess, lunch and even after class hours. We need to ready so many awards for the guest speakers, judges for Talentadong Girl Scout especially me since I was the chairman of the Awards/ Certificates. But with the help of every other staff, the camp became really successful.
        Even during the camp, we were still busy. Walking ang walking around the campus, finding some things, carrying heavy tools and grooming the stage for the new activity were the things we do. It was really tiring. But after the camp, it was really a great relief knowing that the girls enjoyed all activities and I’m really grateful for receiving the ribbon “Best Staff”. All the tiredness and problems vanished. All sleepless nights were at last ended.
        Working with Maam Maye was really difficult; she was a highly organized person. She keeps tracks of all records of the girls even their payments and assignments.  She really does her very best to have a great outcome in the end. There were times that she is really strict but in some other time, I do feel that she’s already one of my friends. She has a good sense of humor and she can make us all laugh even if she’s not really joking. She really let us experience many new things. And it did help me in becoming a better and a more confident person. I am grateful for all the memories I shared with her.  She always says that what she does for us is training for us to be good leaders in the future. Thanks a lot Maam! (Celine Tahimic)

No comments:

Post a Comment